Kushal Yuva Programme (KYP) is a part of one of the “7 commitments” namely “Aarthik Hal, Yuvaon ko Bal”. This programme is targeted at the youth of 15-25 age group who have passed class 10th or class 12th , have dropped out of formal education and are looking for jobs.Through this programme, BSDM intends to enhance the employability of these youth of Bihar.
Strategy of KYP:
The strategy is to address the following four major challenges in the skill development ecosystem:
- Capacity: Increase in training capacity
- Minimum one Skill development centre (SDC) in each of the 534 blocks for imparting training in soft skills.
- A strong pool of certified trainers will be developed through a mandatory Training of Trainers programme.
- Access: Increase in access
- SDC at each Block would mean getting training centre to the doorstep of the youth.
- State wide social mobilisation campaign would help increase the awareness which in-turn will result in higher access / participation
- District Registration cum Counselling Centres at the district level will provide the requisite guidance to the youth to access the benefits of such a programme
- Relevance: High relevance
- Package of Life skills, Communications Skills (English & Hindi) and Basic computer literacy will increase the employability of youth
- It will help in smooth shift from homes to places with high employment potential
- Increase retention at workplace
- Perception: The following would improve the perception
- Qualified, experienced and certified trainers
- Use of high quality content and E-Learning mode