Selection of Project Management Consultant completed and State Project Management Unit (SPMU) team deployed since January 2016.
District Project Management unit deployed since August, 2016
- Consultation with Soft Skill Training Providers, Content Providers and Software Development Companies organised on 27th February 2016 at Hotel Maurya, Patna.
- Consultation on Placement Strategy with Leading Industries, Industry Association and Sector Skill Councils organised on 8th April 2016 in Hotel Chanakya, Patna.
- Second Consultation on Placement Strategy with Sector Skill Councils, National/ International Placement Agencies and Job Aggregators organised on 22nd April 2016 in Hotel Maurya, Patna.
- Meeting with Nodal officers of the skill development implementing departments of the state government organized in February 2016, followed by one to one consultation.
- A one day workshop was held on 16th July 2016 at Hotel Maurya, Patna with all the agencies shortlisted under the EoI for Training of Trainers. Total of 31 organizations participated in the event.
- A Prebid Conference cum Workshop was held on 29th July 2016 at Delhi, with the agencies shortlisted for the supply of digital content on the basis of EOI.
- A consultation was held with 22 Sector Skill Councils (SSCs) on the issue of course curriculum, ToT and other issues in the NSDC office at New Delhi, along with CEO NSDC.
- Orientation programme for AOs applying for Kushal Yuva program on 21 August 2016 at Shree Krishna Memorial Hall, Patna.
- Meeting on Queries from the recipients of limited RFP for Overseas placements, Domestic Captive placement and placement of PwDs and meeting with companies/placement agencies applying for training and certification of Bihari Migrant Labourers held on 1st September 2016 at Hotel Maurya.
- Handing over of the letter of allotment to successful AOs for Block Skill Development Centers
- Various Orientation programs for SDC/BSDC partners
- Learning facilitator & Centre Coordinator orientation programs under KYP program
- Department and GTP orientation programs for domain skilling centre registrations and related activities
- Sector- IT/ITES
Train The Trainer-TTT Program for IT sector was organised at Government Women Polytechnic, Patna where 22 trainers from different applicant organisations registered with Bihar Skill Development Mission portal attended a 10 days residential training programme in the job role ‘Domestic Data entry Operator. This Tot program ran through 2 May to 9 May 2017 and it was organised by IT/ ITES Sector Skill Council (NASSCOM) and facilitated by Bihar Skill Development Mission (BSDM).
- Sector- Agriculture
Training of Trainer was organized for 16 job roles in the Sector Agriculture and Animal husbandry where 265 trainers from different government training providers (GTP) received training from 16 domain Master Trainers and 9 platform Skills Master Trainers. ToT was conducted by Agriculture Sector Skill council from 24 April to 3 May at Bihar Agriculture University (BAU) Sabour, Bhagalpur and facilitated by Bihar Skill Development Mission. This TOT was inaugurated by Vice Chancellor, BUA and gracious presence of CEO ASCI.
- Sector- Health
Training of Trainer in sector Healthcare was organised from 24 April to 3 May 2017 where 22 trainers in 5 job roles attended at Apollo Medicare, Bahadurpur, New Bypass Road, Patna. This training event was organised by Healthcare Sector Skill Council of India and facilitated by Bihar Skill Development Mission. Principal Secretary cum CEO Bihar Skill Development Mission Mr. Dipak Kumar Singh, IAS and Mission director visited to the centre and had interaction with trainers and stakeholders regarding quality of the training.
- Sector- Electronics
Electronic Sector Skill Council of India organised the Training of Trainer Program for two job roles i.e. Mobile Phone Hardware Repair Technician and Field Technician computing and peripherals from 8th May to 17th May’2017 at two centres Krishna Institute of Paramedical Sciences, Magistrate Colony, Ashiana Nagar, Patna and Pawani Edutech Services Private Limited, Vishnu Place, Boring Canal Road, Patna.
A total of 20 trainers from 16 applicant organisations attended a 10-day training programme where the training imparted in two job roles in electronics sector. Train the Training program was organised by Electronic Sector Skills Council of India, New Delhi and facilitated by Bihar Skill development Mission. Mission director, BSDM Mr. Sanjay Kumar and Mission Manager, Mr. Ashok Kumar Singh from Bihar Skill development Mission visited to the centre and had observation of basic amenities and facilities provided and interaction with trainer to gauge quality of training delivery.
- Successfully organized Job Fair in Bagha, West Champaran on 15th June 2016 for trained candidates of security sector in partnership with G4S Secure Solutions India Private Ltd. Total 148 candidates were given offer letter during job fair.
- On 15th July 2016, World Youth Skills Day was celebrated at Adhiveshan Bhawan, Main Secretariat Patna, where the Website of BSDM was launched by the Hon'ble CM Shri Nitish Kumar and Agreement was exchanged between BSDM and its Knowledge Partner MKCL.
- BSDM’s Recruit – Train – Deploy (RTD) scheme launch and MoU exchange at Samvad Bhawan in the esteemed presence of the Hon’ble Chief Minister of Bihar on 1st November, 2016
- Workshop to discuss the Skill Development best practices across states such as Rajasthan, Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh and Tamil Nadu and NSQF alignment process at Hotel Maurya on 2nd December
- Promotion of BSDM and Initiatives under BSDM to facilitate ex-army servicemen and their dependents at Katihar on 26th February, 2017
- Meeting with CEO National Skill Development Corporation held at Hotel Maurya, Patna on 4th May, 2017. Principal Secretary cum CEO BSDM, Government of Bihar Mr. Dipak Kumar Singh, MD Sanjay Kumar and others Officials of BSDM participated in this work. Major discussion in this meeting was on Train The Trainer program going in the Bihar for various job roles by respective Sector Skill council, Quality of Trainer, Trainer Guide etc.