Creating an effective and efficient skill development ecosystem in the state of Bihar through:
- Scaling up: Increase skill development capacity in terms of training capacity, stakeholder capacity and financial capacity of the state.
- High inclusivity: The skill development initiatives will harness inclusivity and reduce divisions such as male/female, rural/urban, organized/unorganized employment, traditional/contemporary workplace and inclusion of various disadvantaged groups.
- Dynamic and demand-based system planning: The skill development initiatives support the supply of trained workers who are trained in market driven and industry relevant courses. The skill development overarching system would comprise of standardized processes and frameworks to ensure quality of training.
- Increasing Employability and ensuring generation of a sustained livelihood: Increasing the employability of the youth of Bihar through an exclusive endeavour of training in support competencies like communication skills, English and basic computer literacy. Post training placement support in domain specific training to ensure that the trained beneficiaries get an opportunity for generating sustained livelihood.
- Incorporation of innovative models and best practices: Innovative models and models based on best practises will be incorporated to further strengthen the Bihar skill development ecosystem.
The major paradigms and enablers to achieve the objectives of skilling Bihar are:
- Capacity Building
- Departmental Capacity: Institutional strengthening of the various departments involved in skill development
- Financial capacity: Bringing in additional funds through implementation of centrally sponsored schemes currently not being implemented in Bihar, additional funds from State plan to achieve skill development targets and exploring other funding sources.
- Training Capacity: Creation and use of infrastructure in both public and private domain through appropriate support.
- Standardized Processes / Frameworks / Mechanism / Cost norms
- Creation of a process / operation guidelines across all the various phases of the skill development value chain to govern all the schemes in order to roll out the skill development efforts in a standardized manner ensuring quality of training across the State.
- Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) framework
- Creation of a robust and exhaustive mechanism for monitoring (including portal based monitoring) all skill development programs being implemented in the state to ensure compliance to quality standards and guidelines and take timely and informed corrective measure.
- Assessment & Certification
- Creation of a robust and reliable system of assessment and certification including BSDM’s as an assessment & certification agency, on-line assessments & certification and a pool of assessors comprising of staff from the state’s educational institutions and the ex-servicemen.
- Ensuring Quality of training
- SDCs with requisite infrastructure only to be empaneled.
- Train the trainer programme in training pedagogy and / or domain specific knowledge.
- Market relevant and demand driven courses.
- Sectoral Mentor groups to advise on development / updation of course curriculum and suggest on improving training, quality of trainers, placements etc.
- An exhaustive ICT platform for training delivery, training process enablement and training monitoring will be put in place and will be used across all the skill development programmes in the State.
- Exhaustive mobilization campaign will be run in the State prior to online registrations of the interested candidates. To ensure retention and increase the stake of the beneficiaries in the trainings a refundable security deposit will be charged from the beneficiaries.
- Creation of Industry linkages to facilitate placement
- Job-fairs / Apprenticeship fairs to further bolster placements.
- Specific livelihood generation interventions for certain disadvantaged groups
- Promotion of self-employment and fostering of the entrepreneurial spirit
- Developing employment exchanges to facilitate placements
- Facilitation and fostering of Self-employment and Entrepreneurship
- Migration Support / Source Centres (MSC)
- Creation of Migration Source centres to assist the probable migrants of Bihar to make an informed migration.
- Creation of Migration support centres to assist the migrated workforce at destination end.
Implementation of innovative skill development models and other skill development models based on best practices – RPL, CSR funded skilling, Integration with formal education, skill championship etc.